Friday, September 17, 2010

Meetings. Offers.

I have a mantra that I keep on my desk that says:

Replace auditions with meetings and offers.

The subtext behind this for me is to shift energy away from self-submitting myself and into developing relationships with producers and directors.

I embarked on a project in May to reach out to more indie film directors so they knew I was here and ready to help them with their projects. I email them to arrange 10 minute conversations with them - I get a better than 1-in-3 response that they are interested in speaking with me. Sometimes the conversations last 10 minutes, most of the time, they last longer.

I am a strong believer in there is more than enough work for any actor who wants to work and has a sound work ethic. I also believe that the Universe has a plan for all of us and that an acting gig might not come when we want it, but it will come.

I was contacted last week by a dear friend who wanted to cast me in a web series. I'm excited about it. I play a character called Miriam in "The Unemployment of Danny London". Details can be found here.


So what is the number 1 thing you can do? It is easy - Show Up. But really show up so that energy is flowing throughout your entire being. Be your best at a networking function, meeting, CD workshop, class, audition, working on your craft, working on your actor business, etc.

I find that setting an intention helps. How about this one, borrowed from Don Miguel Ruiz' "The Four Agreements":

I WILL ALWAYS DO MY BEST


Cheers,

Susyn

1 comment:

  1. When visiting blogs, i usually discover a very good content like yours
    UAE offshore company

    ReplyDelete