Monday, January 18, 2010

16th Annual SAG Awards

Awards season is starting to take shape nicely. I am so glad my personal favorites - Jeff Bridges, Christoph Waltz, Mo'Nique, Meryl Streep, Julianna Margulies, and Toni Collette took home Golden Globes last night. I'll be honest - I'm pulling for "The Hurt Locker" to win and Kathryn Bigelow to break the glass ceiling, but "Avatar" won. Watch the ACE Eddies to see which film wins - which is USUALLY your Oscar winner. Other key indicators are the PGA's, WGA's and DGA's.

So, SAG Awards ballots are due by 12 noon PST on Thursday, January 21, 2010 and the SAG Awards ceremony is January 23, 2010. So, if you're a SAG member in good standing, get on line as soon as you can and VOTE, because it is a privilege to vote.


And...the 82nd Academy Award Nominations will be announced at 5:30am PST on Tuesday, February 2, 2010 and the Oscars broadcast will be on March 7, 2010.


Who do you hope wins the BIG prize? Let me know, I'd love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment