Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Less Is More

It's taken me a long time to get to say this - "I'm going to do what I want to do". Simple? Excuse me while I fall back on an old cliche - it's easier said than done.

There have been many times, that we, as actors, fall into traps of listening to everything people say what an actor should do and try to follow it all. I remember being told that I should submit for everything I was a fit for. And I did that. However, not everything I'm a fit for is right for me and that I want to do.

I'm at a point in my film and TV career that I don't have to do low pay/no pay work. Yes, I still enjoy working on student films - there are some great ones (I'll be writing about the Chapman film I just completed, in the coming weeks) - and other independent projects that move me. I'll be honest - I've been thinking about the phrase, "show business" a lot. The entertainment business is a business - so I'm very focused on finding work that let's me play for pay.

The key for me is doing projects that move and inspire me to want to communicate the story.

I believe doing less is really more because it makes you focus on the quality not the quantity. Sounds like a pretty good plan to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment