Thursday, June 25, 2009

Strange Days

It's been disheartening having to hear that both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson died today. Farrah Fawcett - what can I say, I wanted to be Jill Munroe. I loved Charlie's Angels. And Michael was an icon, he was bigger than life.

I can't believe it has been over 2 months since I last posted. Much has occurred, Mother's Day came and went, my Aunt Sylvia died, we moved into a new place (I strongly believe in the power of feng shui and positive energy because I have been feeling so good since moving into the new place), SAG voted to approve the new TV/Theatrical contract, and Father's Day. On the SAG front, I am happy that resolution occurred. I hope this new contract is good for our union. I'm looking forward to two years where SAG can come together with the DGA, WGA and AFTRA and present a united front when we meet with producers. SAG elections are coming up and once again Membership First will be duking it out with Unite For Strength for control of the board. I hope we can minimize the infighting and stand together to make our union better.

I was happy to catch the new "Star Trek" movie (AKA prequel, Star Trek XI) this past weekend. It was amazing - JJ Abrams is amazing or "fascinating" as Spock would say. The best part was to see the new Spock (Zachary Quinto - it's great that he's from Pittsburgh!) and old Spock (Leonard Nimoy) together in the film -- it was sort of like the passing of the torch, if you will. I read an interview that Zachary had to have his eye brows shaved and have his hair cut for the Spock hairdo - oh my goodness. We'll have to wait and see what's up for ST - I also heard that Paramount wants to see a script for the sequel by Christmas.

I think the most greatest feat that has happened recently is that my beloved Pittsburgh Penguins won the Stanley Cup - not only is it the third Stanley Cup for the franchise, it may mark the first time a player/owner has won the cup (trivia question in the making?) and it also provides a nice send-off to say goodbye to the old Civic Arena and welcome the new arena, Consol Energy Center. Congrats, guys.

Things have been quiet this summer so far. I will be in a staged reading of "12 Angry Women" - I play Juror 6 - on July 25 at The Complex on Santa Monica Blvd. I'll be posting more details as we get closer to the date.


Peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment