Monday, August 17, 2009

Live Long and Prosper

Everyday I look at my strategic plan for my acting career. It's a binder not only filled with things to keep my acting craft and acting business going forward, but it helps me keep my spirituality on track. And of course I also put nuggets of information I find that I want to keep close to me.

Today, I decided to revise my mantra, which I seem to do on a regular basis these days. While searching on Google, I found an interesting article about abundance and prosperity. You can find that article here.

The main points as I see them are:

1. Prosperity is a mental and spiritual endeavor before it is a physical one.
2. There are six "stairway to the stars" steps:

a. Determine what your relationship with money is. What is money to you? What do you think and feel about rich people? Are you jealous of what others have? Answer these questions to be able to move to the next step.

b. Clean your mental and physical house. You must make room for the new. Mentally review what you have written above and become aware of the persons, places and situations that you need to forgive. You must let go of anger, resentment, hurt, doubt, self-criticism and so on. Parents, society, buddies, social groups all attempt to keep a status quo. Forgiveness is the Golden Key to PROSPERITY. You must realize are in charge of your destiny, noone else is. You make it happen. It takes bravery to let go of old friends and family who are impeding your growth. It is much more comfortable to stay where you are and to blame the economy than to become assertive in your own behalf. You have to let go to move forward. Are you ready to let go? Remember you will be forgiving your self as well as others. Take a moment close your eyes, take a deep breath and every one that comes to mind that you need to forgive in relation to your prosperity forgive them now. Imagine them clearly and say out loud, "I forgive you (insert their name)." Be sure to include yourself either first or last. Forgiveness only has to be done once, however you must mean it. Don't be a packrat. Get rid of stuff you don't need. You must make room - it is a law of the Universe.

c. Know what you want. Imagine you already have it - visualize it, feel it, hear it, taste it, smell it, know it!! The more energy you give to this, the quicker you will manifest this new reality that you have claimed. Act as if - borrowing an actor's credo.

d. Give thanks in ADVANCE for what you have received. You have the desire; the belief and now the expectancy will bring the abundance into your life. Say many times a day, "thank you for _____."

e. Be grateful for everything that happens to you every moment. Begin your day by reciting your list of things you are grateful for and end each day reciting your gratitude. For example, try this prayer at the end of each day: "Dear God, thank you for this day. I have done the best I know how and if I have forgotten something please take care of it for me. I need my rest so that I can awaken and do my best again tomorrow."

f. Develop a way to keep the flow of abundance going in your life. I practice reciting my mantra, journaling, practicing gratitude and being present every day.


What rituals do you practice to keep your flow of abundance going? Let me know.

Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment